Monday 26 April 2010

The Asian Ladies Club

I went to my first Asian Ladies Club lunch on Friday. 

It's a group of about 30 ladies who lunch every other week, giving everyone a chance to eat some home cooked food from the distant lands of Asia! There are 4 different groups: East Asia, South East Asia, Indian and Associates (who have a strong connection to Asia). I've blogged previously about my love of food, particularly Asian food and when I found this club I was so excited!

There is a really interesting mix of ladies. They are all a mixture of ages and nationalities; some of them have lived here for a long time, one of them has lived here for over 55 years! A great source of information about Sao Paulo and life in Brazil. 

I need to attend the next 3 lunches to gain my membership - as well as prove to them that I can cook. All fingers and toes crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment