Monday 4 July 2011

Buying books online

I've always been a big fan of Book Depository which has free international delivery. I've tested it a couple of times here in Brazil and receive my books within 2-3 weeks. Another bonus, is that you don't get taxed on books sent into Brazil. There are some nice bookshops around too but if I'm looking for something in particular they are bound not to have it!

Some of the bookshops I like

Livraria da Vila - my favourite (one on Lorena in Jardins and one in Vila Madalena)
FNAC - there is one on cnr of Paulista and Joaquim Eugenio
Cultural Livraria- supposedly the biggest bookshop in South America but always really busy!

Book Depository has just been bought by Amazon so am hoping that their standards continue to stay the same


1 comment:

  1. Hell 4 Heather mission is to be the leading Bookseller on the High Street and online providing customers the widest choice, great value and expert advice from a team passionate about Bookselling.

    ReplyDelete