Last night we popped by our first Internations event. We took Sophie with us as we haven't quite sorted ourselves out a baba (babysitter). We tested one out the night before but we don't have space for her to stay over in our tiny flat so she could only stay until 11pm. Kinda pointless when the nightlife here starts at 11pm!
Internations is an online network for expats and for locals who have lived abroad. They have monthly drinks (last weekend of each month) where members that are in the area can attend. There were a great range of people to meet and we only managed to met a handful before Little Miss Sophie woke up.
To give you an idea of the different types of people:
- the Paulistana's who organise the SP drinks run their own expat company. One of them has spent time in France.
- An American who has lived here for 3 years with his Brazilian wife
- A Brazilian born in London
- An English couple who have just moved down from New York
- A Venezuelan who lives in HK but travels to Brazil for work
- A Brazilian who has just returned from Milan after finishing her MBA
- An English guy who is at the end of his 2 year tenure here
- A Brazilian who use to work for an American company in Illinois
I think we will try and attend a few more of these. It's a great way to meet people and I love that it's not just expats but Brazilians as well.